Southern Prohibition Brewing is looking for a QA/QC Manager within production brewery to ensure quality beer goes out to market. The position is Full Time, competitive pay, with health benefits.
The Quality Manager will be accountable for partnering with staff and manager level positions to execute quality standards. This position works under the supervision of the Production Manager to conduct day-to-day tasks assisting the breweries efficiency. While being an analytical and laboratory-centered position, the Quality Manager assists all production staff in problem-solving matters that are quality related.
- Executes, updates, and provides recommendations for Standard Operating Procedure and policy review
- Collect and perform analytical procedures and testing on in progress beer, as well as packaged goods (water, wort, yeast, beer, brewery equipment, and environment).
- Oversee all aspects of yeast management.
- Work in conjunction with brewing and packaging departments to ensure quality from raw materials to finished product
- Train and validate employees on quality-minded procedures, sanitation practices, and testing.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment as well as accurate recordkeeping
- Use, maintain and calibrate analytical equipment and instrumentation.
- Develop and expand reporting systems, and analyzes said data and discerns new processes and/or corrective actions.
- Identifies critical control points and drives overall process control and improvement.
- Communicate consistently with brewery personnel and management regarding quality assurance issues.
- Advocate and promote continuous quality and safety improvement.
- Maintain an organized beer archive.
- Facilitate sensory panel and formulate results.
- Attend meetings, brewery functions, and perform duties within the lab as required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Biology or Chemistry related degrees strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge/experience with development and implementation of GMP
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task and maintain a sense of urgency
- Comfortable working in an active brewery, which can be hot or cold, wet, loud, and buzzing with activity.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com be considered for this position.