Taproom & Event Manager
Are you really into beer? Do you love SoPro beer? Do you love people? Do you enjoy putting on events that help those people you love have a good time?
Southern Prohibition Brewing Company is searching for a Taproom & Events Manager for our brewery based in Hattiesburg, MS. The right person loves our local community, develops and executes events, and knows the importance of great, consistent customer service.
Requirements or preferred experience:
• Bartending and restaurant, service and management experience.
• Analytical and creative thinking, with problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Great communication, organization, and negotiation skills.
• Customer-oriented approach with aptitude.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff, all while meeting deadlines.
• Proven experience engaging the local community, empowering employees, and putting on events.
• Event Planning experience a plus
General Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Acts as the vocal advocate for Southern Prohibition by developing, coordinating, and executing SoPro Taproom events
• Acts as the General Manager in the Taproom
• Acts as an ambassador of the brewery; explains in detail the brewery’s history, current community involvement, beer portfolio and short- and long-term vision.
• Engages heavily in the local community and strengthens relationships
• Solicits local businesses, non-profits, and individuals to book group events within the Southern Prohibition Taproom
40-45 hours a week
Must be available nights and weekends
Salary based on experience
Health Insurance available